From Characters to Treats check out our top 10 Reasons to Visit Disney during the holidays!
Let’s face it…you really can’t get more magical than visiting Disneyland or Disney World during the holidays! The minute you walk in, you are surrounded by the very definition of magic…..from the twinkling lights and the holiday aromas to the Giant Christmas tree! There really is no other time to go take a trip, then during those winter months. There’s so much to do and see, but we’ve narrowed down our top 10 reasons you must drop everything you are doing and get to the nearest Disney park!
1. The Decor! There’s nothing quite like the decorations during the holidays. The first thing you see when you walk onto Main Street in Disneyland is the Giant Christmas tree, decorated beautifully from top to bottom. Then of course the garland and the lights that travel down the street towards the castle. OH the Beautiful Castles! Pictures do not do it justice. The Disney parks’ Castles during the holidays is truly a sight to see….getting a picture in front of one of them could be the only reason you need to take a trip. You can even take a Holiday tour that shows you the behind the scenes of how Christmas time at the parks comes together!
2. The Food! There’s no denying that Disney’s food is top notch and high quality…..but have you ever smelled the aromas during the holidays?? It’s enough to set your senses into a whirlwind of nostalgia and make your tummy long for the deliciousness. During the holidays, Disney California Adventure and Epcot in Disney World has the Festival of Holidays. These events are so much fun and require an empty stomach! You can taste all kinds of delectable desserts and amazing snacks throughout the entire festival area. Along with dance and entertainment, it is certainly an event you do not want to miss. Throughout all the parks, there are special dining packages that are just for the Holidays….so if you’re a foodie like all of us, make sure you don’t miss out on these tasty experiences.
3. The Parties! Over in Disney World, they put on quite a show! In Magic Kingdom, guests can buy separate tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. This includes seeing amazing shows, the famous holiday parade and the breathtaking fireworks spectacular! Over in Hollywood Studios, you can have fun at the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam which is another heart stopping show that will leave any Disney fan wanting more. Something new to the resorts this year are Sunsets Greetings in Hollywood Studios and Season’s Greetings at Radiator Springs over in California Adventure. Do not MISS these exciting new events and decor this season!
4. Haunted Mansion Holiday! I don’t care who you are, you cannot miss the holiday overlay at the Haunted Mansion! As iconic and traditional as the movie it’s based off of, the Haunted Mansion Holiday is something to see for yourself. The Nightmare Before Christmas comes alive in this overlay for the holiday season, and honestly I wish it would never go away. It is one of my favorite things about the holidays at Disneyland and my kiddos cannot wait to see it each time. The colors and sounds are unlike any ride in the park, but what sets it apart from the rest is the giant gingerbread house that you get to see displayed during the dining room scene. Each year, a new gingerbread house is made….it is a contest and the winner gets theirs displayed within the ride. You can sometimes even smell the goodness!
5. The Colossal sized Gingerbread Houses! In certain Disney resort hotels, there are life-sized gingerbread houses on display for everyone to see. They are magical and creative and you almost do not believe they are real! One of the highlights of our trips is going to the Disneyland Hotel and just standing in awe of these masterpieces!
6. The Specialty items! We all know that the merchandise during the holidays are to die for. I always have to get a new holiday popcorn bucket or exclusive pin. But there are certain events and items that you almost have to fight for. In Disneyland, the popular candy canes are big, hand-pulled packages of goodness. They are so coveted that you have to get to the park at least an hour before they are scheduled to open and hope to grab a wristband that guarantees this goody will be going home with you. If you do not get a wristband, then you do not get a candy cane. (insert sad face here) They are also, only available on certain days so you would have to plan your trip accordingly….but I promise, they are worth it!
7. The Entertainment! Disney puts on one heck of a show. Everything from the music, the passion and the emotion are felt in each thing that they do. That’s exactly why the holiday parades and the one-of-a-kind fireworks displays are not to be missed! Ending the night with “snow” falling while the music is soaring and the bright lights of the beautiful explosions in the sky is truly what makes Disney so magical. Be prepared that a tear may be shed during these wonderful shows.
8. The Characters and Costumes! Seeing Mickey and Minnie is exciting all by itself….but imagine they are in a fun and festive holiday outfit! That just makes it even more essential to snag that picture. You may even get to see the main Christmas man himself….SANTA! Where else would a child want to see Santa then on their Disney vacation!
9. It’s a Small World Holiday! Just like the Haunted Mansion turns into a magical ride during the holidays, so does this other iconic ride. It’s a Small World may be one of those rides that as adults we would usually skip over once or twice during a trip. But NOT during the holidays! If you miss this ride, you will be so sad. The holiday overlay for It’s a Small World is dynamic. It gives you chills when you are standing in front of it. Trying to take in the beauty, it leaves most people speechless. It is something that should not be missed.
10. And finally, it’s the BEST present Ever! Imagine for a moment, your child wakes up on Christmas morning and sees the trip to Disney in their future……imagine their face and excitement! It is the ultimate gift and the ultimate thrill in watching their reaction and knowing that you did GOOD! I’ve never seen my kiddos light up more than a Disney trip Surprise….trust me, it will truly be the BEST present they will ever receive. Not to mention the memories that will be made, will last a lifetime.
So what are you waiting for? Go book your trip today and make your Holidays memorable! But hurry…holiday time at the Disney Resorts is only through January 7th!