As most Disnerds are aware by now, both Disneyland and Walt Disney World have an exclusive event for Halloween time. The events are similar in nature but have elements that set each one apart. This post will explain all the new developments happening only at DisneyLAND during Halloween!
If you haven’t been yet to a Mickey’s Halloween Party event, you are definitely missing out. It’s a party like no other….and people go to all lengths to have an amazing time. Imagine everyone in costume, at the happiest place on Earth, with all the candy (and some healthy items) that you can handle, and the park shut down for only YOU to ride whatever you want! Sounds like a dream huh?? NOPE….just the spookiest time of year in Disneyland. Here are the 10 tips to make your time unbelievable…
- Get TICKETS now! They are already on sale….(since mid-July) and there are already dates sold out! These are separate tickets from your normal Disneyland day pass so you have to purchase them as well. If you want to ensure that you won’t miss this year, buy the tickets now! Also, look around the different dates because some days are cheaper than others. And Please…PLEASE….if you get desperate, do NOT buy them from craigslist or off any other site that sounds legit….Chances are, it is not. Disney tickets are one of the top fraudulent scams out there. Do not be a victim. If you notice the day is sold out online, call the main Disney number! They hold onto tickets for people who call in for this reason only. Worked for us last year!
- Make sure you dress up! Seriously….if “dad” thinks he’s too old for costumes, politely let him know that he will be the ONLY one without one. I’m not kidding either….the costumes and ideas that people come up with are out of this world! One of my favorite things to do at the party is to just get pictures with people and their amazing costumes. Remember to check the guidelines for the costumes on Disneyland’s website….there are certain rules that people are required to follow, such as fake weapons.
- Bring a stroller if you have a bigger family! This tip is only good for one reason….holding all of your bags of candy! You get soooo much delicious goodies and it becomes REALLY annoying having to lug it around all night….and if your kiddos are anything like mine, they will be complaining by hour 1 how heavy everything is. You can also bring your own bags BUT they provide you with a bag if you do not want to.
- If you are an annual passholder, they have a special area for you too! They even give you an amazing gift! Last year, our gift was a larger candy bag that said AP on it. I still use it in my daily life.
- The prices on the tickets have gone up from previous years, but there is a reason! Like before, when you purchase the Halloween party ticket, you will be able to enter into Disneyland 3 hours prior to the party starting. However, this year it’s even better! They are allowing you to be able to go into BOTH parks 3 hours early! This is great news because California Adventure just announced, at the D23 expo, that Cars Land will be all decorated for Halloween as well! They will have all the characters in costumes and all of the stores will be renamed for the event….it will be a super fun time! PLUS, Buena Vista street will now resemble the Nightmare Before Christmas! It’s sure to be a crowd favorite. As if that wasn’t enough, the ticket price also includes UNLIMITED photopass downloads of the event! You really can’t beat that deal!
- The party will include the super popular Disneyland Halloween Screams fireworks show and the new Frightfully Fun Parade….which is a BLAST watching all of the villains come out. Also, the parade begins with the ride of the HEADLESS HORSEMAN! It was creepy and fantastic!
- When you’re not waiting in line at the MANY candy stations, head on over to any of the parks rides and have a great time! Don’t forget to check out the Haunted Mansion as it turns into the Haunted Mansion Holiday with your favorite Jack Skellington and the popular Space Mountain GHOST GALAXY! Your favorite rides, just got spookier!
- There are character meet and greets everywhere, but one of the best areas to explore will be at Villains Square! Hug and take a photo with the baddest of the bads! The villains will be out and about ready to mingle with whoever has the guts to approach them. Also, don’t miss the haunted melodies of the Cadaver Dan’s who will perform only at the Halloween Parties! Download the Disneyland APP and watch for the showtimes and areas to meet everyone.
- Make sure you book a brand new dinner package at the Blue Bayou! On top of the ambiance this restaurant surrounds you with, this package also comes with an amazing seating area for the Frightfully Fun parade. Don’t miss out on the best seat in the house!
- KNOW your DATES! The Halloween Party is only being sold on certain days in September and October. Do your research and find out when they’re available before you plan your trip. Just remember that the party is on select dates from September 20-October 31st!
I hope we were able to answer all of your questions regarding this fun event at the Disneyland Resort. Have a “frightfully” good time this Halloween!!
Free Disney Insider Access!
Sign up now to get The Disney Dispatch! You'll receive a photo album full of photos of Disney's new attraction, Pandora! Plus, you'll get 5 days of insider Disney tips to plan your next family vacation!